Postings from my journal that I make when I am walking, running or cycling around the Surrey Hills in the South East of England.
Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Light and shadow
Here is a new drawing from my journal. This was done from the sketch I posted last week. I was keen to capture the contrast between the heavy shade of the yew tree and woods and the sunlight bursting through beyond.
Dark and light, even from dark to light, rather what life is all about really. Good on you for this art-play. Makes me think of times I take to the bike in the woods :)
I am a self-employed consultant in the area of cross-sector partnerships for sustainable development. I trade as Partner for Development - hence the '@PFD'. This work requires innovation and creativity. Since I took it up full time I have also started to use a journal as a way of helping me to reflect. My journal is inspired by the Surrey Hills in the South East of England where I live. Within sight of the centre of London, this is an area rich with paths, tracks woods and meadows. Everything in my journal is inspired by a place or object that I encounter when I walk, run or cycle from my house.
Hi Tom, thanks for dropping by my blogsite. I live surrounded by woods in Lincolnshire, really appreciate your posts, love the colours!
ReplyDeleteDark and light, even from dark to light, rather what life is all about really. Good on you for this art-play. Makes me think of times I take to the bike in the woods :)
ReplyDeleteLove the mystery you've created!
ReplyDeleteSuch great light in this piece! Makes me want to go see what's farther on down that path :)
ReplyDelete