The pen and ink page held me fascinated - crinkled? - with its tree shapes receding and emerging. Very subtle, and though busy, manages not to overwhelm. as i say, fascinating.
In case any one is still puzzling over the snow/trees picture, I made it by blanking out shapes and lines with loads of masking fluid, then I used watercolour to make branch shapes, then I rubbed away the masking fluid. Finally it is superimposed with the original snow on tress photo at about 50%. I like the fact that is a complex, interesting imag.
I am a self-employed consultant in the area of cross-sector partnerships for sustainable development. I trade as Partner for Development - hence the '@PFD'. This work requires innovation and creativity. Since I took it up full time I have also started to use a journal as a way of helping me to reflect. My journal is inspired by the Surrey Hills in the South East of England where I live. Within sight of the centre of London, this is an area rich with paths, tracks woods and meadows. Everything in my journal is inspired by a place or object that I encounter when I walk, run or cycle from my house.
A very nice little collection of work you've shared with us! It's always fun to see what you've been up to. nancy
ReplyDeleteI really like the center piece. It makes me think of a snow storm.
ReplyDeleteThe pen and ink page held me fascinated - crinkled? - with its tree shapes receding and emerging. Very subtle, and though busy, manages not to overwhelm. as i say, fascinating.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! That middle one, trying to figure out how you created it! I enlarge it and begin to think I see things! A tree, perhaps? With snow on it?
ReplyDeleteIn case any one is still puzzling over the snow/trees picture, I made it by blanking out shapes and lines with loads of masking fluid, then I used watercolour to make branch shapes, then I rubbed away the masking fluid. Finally it is superimposed with the original snow on tress photo at about 50%. I like the fact that is a complex, interesting imag.
ReplyDelete