Sunday, 28 June 2009

The stile



This is a line and watercolour sketch done from a photograph. At the bottom is a list of things that my daughter asked me to pack in a bag for a trip to the beach with her friend. She happened to call while I was making the picture! It is very warm and muggy right now. A trip to the beack would be nice but I couldn't bear sitting in the car in a taffic jam for half the day! I'll say in my Surrey Hills but I won't be going far as I have sprained my ankle rather badly playing football.

3 comments:

  1. I came to your blog through EDM.
    It is very interesting, I like the way you explore different things like the mixing of photos and drawings in the post before this one. Also the portrait you did a few posts ago, by memory. Really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I especially like your expressive line drawing. The tracks in the pond below is also fascinating and would be great as a larger work too. Hope your ankle is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great depth! Love the green and it's really nice expression too!

    ReplyDelete