
Some images from an English summer. I have been trying to capture the heady mix of colours of the fresh new growth, dry straw, wild flowers and butterflies using my 'sketch, photograph and run (or cycle) away' technique. These a
re two more successful efforts.

re two more successful efforts.Of course an English summer is not complete without cricket. Yesterday was a big day...we beat the Aussies at Lords (the 'home of cricket') for the first time since 1934. This was 5 days of elation, hope, dread, fear and then finally.... a fantastic feeling of well-being for us die-hard England supporters. I couldn't resist putting a page in my journal. Our hero, Fantastic Freddie (named after the Flintstone) and his nemesis, Ricky 'squishy-green-cap-head' Ponting (yes, I know...)


cool technique! I've always thought that one of the best and the quickest way to draw is by tracing. A lot of people think that's easy but actually it's not, and it's a very good training for your hands. :)
ReplyDeleteI am not a cricket fan - but still like the sketches!
ReplyDelete