Monday, 31 August 2009

Bridge 1

This is a bridge across a track where I often cycle. It is deep in the woods, and overgrown. There are quite a few of these bridges in the area, built in differenet architectural styles by an eccentric Victorian landowner. It seems he just liked to build bridges, although he pretended that they made logging easier. I like to think of him making bridges as a creative process, with his land forming a kind of journal.

http://tomssurreyhills.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Beatiful atmosphere in this sketch - you can feel the cool shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this image. It's very intriguing and I agree about the beautiful, cool wooded atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.
    Are you familiar with British artist Harold Hitchcock? Your palette and treatment here remind me of his work, which I must say is a compliment. Years ago I purchased a piece of a farm series he did. One of my favorites still.

    ReplyDelete