Postings from my journal that I make when I am walking, running or cycling around the Surrey Hills in the South East of England.
Tuesday, 15 September 2009
A gloomy turning
I have been thinking about painting this lane for ages. Even on a bright sunny day the trees form a dark tunnel, and then the sun on the meadow is framed dramatically by the trees and fence. I'm disappointed by the painting though...one of those days when nothing goes right and I feel like I have taken a wrong turn somewhere.
I am a self-employed consultant in the area of cross-sector partnerships for sustainable development. I trade as Partner for Development - hence the '@PFD'. This work requires innovation and creativity. Since I took it up full time I have also started to use a journal as a way of helping me to reflect. My journal is inspired by the Surrey Hills in the South East of England where I live. Within sight of the centre of London, this is an area rich with paths, tracks woods and meadows. Everything in my journal is inspired by a place or object that I encounter when I walk, run or cycle from my house.
I understand about gloomy paths but look, there is light at the end of the tunnel! So it's a hopeful page after all.
ReplyDelete